Printmaker Cody Bartz in July






                                                                                ARTIST STATEMENT
                                                                      
                                                                        Cody Bartz

I have a love for technology and a passion for art. I have a growing interest in combining the two.
Screenprinting has become my medium of choice. For me it combines the technical abilities of the computer, and the handmade qualities of printmaking. It is in this juxtaposition that I find dynamic expressions can occur.
My work focuses on merging of images, a collage of sort. I enjoy taking old materials and images and finding new meaning for them, recycling them. It is pleasing for me to give these images a fresh visual look as well as a new interpretation. It is amazing how imagery starting from different origins, goes through a digital maze, finds its way into my hands, and ends up on a piece of paper.